[TYPO3-v4] Announcing TYPO3 4.3.0beta2

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Dec 29 00:51:42 CET 2010

Hi Frank,

thanks for your feedback. IMHO you should have better created a new
thread :)

> pointed my Firefox browser to the file and
> got 'Uncaught TYPO3 Exception' message:
> 	Database Error: No database selected
> 	1/ 2 tslib_fe::connectToDB()
> 	2/ 1 require("/var/www/intropack-4.5.0beta3/typo3/sysext/cms/
> tslib/index_ts.php")
> No help about what to do to solve the problem?
This, of course, should not happen with the Introduction Package. You
should have been rediredected to the 1-2-3-4 installer.

After trying out myself: I would say: The 4.5beta3 Introduction Package
is defective. I got the same problem, when opening /.

For the moment: try opening /typo3/, then you get redirected to the
1-2-3 mode.

 > In a previous intropackage I got to chose between a 'normal' install or
 > the introduction version. This is not available anymore?
See hint above, you've got into "ugly" mode ;)
Thus I will not comment the points, which are related to this fact.

> I added 'typo3/install' to url and got install screen
> I know what to do now but why not just put a button 'create
> ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file'? or even put the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file
> already there just for the time of this first install?
Long discussions have been made about this and a file FIRST_INSTALL
(ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL is automatically deleted after 1 hour). Reason: You
copy TYPO3 to your server, but do not directly install it (and leave
it). Anybody coming later can just install TYPO3 and do what he wants on
your server.

> - why at least not mention what is the right chmod to use? Would be
> helpfull.
ACK

> Again error: The NEW database name 'intropack-4.5.0beta3' was not
> alphanumeric, a-zA-Z0-9_- (...not created). If I would have known
> before...
> New name and submit.
You mean a JS check? Might not be wrong, of course.

> - "Your current TYPO3 installation is configured to behave like version
> 3.8 of TYPO3". Why? I want version 4.5.0! Why make me do these things? I
> go ahead, check all changes and submit again.
Although also caused by not executing the installer, I think we could
really update the value in config_default.

 > .... lots of stuff...
All caused by not having executed an installer

> I chose intropackage to check what this CMS is about and after all this
> work I get an error message?! The first intropackage came with some
> extensions, color options for the design, some pages ready etc. Much more
> user-friendly.
I totally agree that this can't lead to a good impression ;)

Could you please just reinstall it and hit /typo3/ after coping it?
We will investigate the issue, why you're not redirected by hitting /.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert