[TYPO3-v4] Consensus on guidelines for class names and method names

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 24 19:38:50 CET 2010

Hi,

Lately a lot of discussion is spent on names of classes and methods.
This is very useful to get the API in a decent state, but it could
probably be more efficient to make list of possible classes (even if
they do not yet exist) to prevent the same discussions happening over
and over again.

Also the naming of methods is a common subject of discussion. There is a
recent trend to make longer names, which should be more descriptive.
There are bad examples for old function names, but unfortunately also
for new method names.

I realize that strict rules cannot be made, but maybe we can build a
list of bad examples with good alternatives?

So:
1. A list of potential new classes (with explanation of the type of
methods in them)

2. Examples of bad method/function names and good alternatives

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert