[TYPO3-v4] Workspaces update process with current trunk

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Dec 15 13:58:09 CET 2010

Hi again,

> In the update wizard we now have a "workspace migration" wizard. When
> trying to perform it I got an error that the "sys_workspace_stage" table
> didn't exist. The problem is that the update wizard installs both
> "versioning" and "workspaces" but the related tables are not created. Is
> this a known issue? Was there already any thinking about how to solve it
> best?

It's actually worse than expected: the new "workspaces" extension
requires "extbase". If that is not installed the wizard script will
fail. So "extbase" should also be loaded by the wizard (which means more
tables to create). The same should be done for "fluid", since it is used
by "workspaces", although not necessary during the update process.

Shouldn't this update process be split up? There could be a first wizard
which installs the "workspaces" extension and instructs users to perform
a compare database operation and a second wizard that actually migrates
the workspaces. The second wizard would be hidden (is that possible?) or
at least disabled until the first wizard has been executed.

Francois Suter