[TYPO3-v4] RFC #6001 and resulting #16656 : spaces in paths for IM/GM on Windows

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 12 20:11:59 CET 2010

On 12-12-2010 13:04, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> On 12.12.10 12:52, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> Reminder :-)
>
> I also have no idea, except many if-clauses for every known case...
>
> Is the PHP-bug fixed in a 5.2.x version? Or only in 5.3?

Bug reporter uses 5.2.14 (5.2.15 just came out last Thursday and
changelog [1] doesn't report any fixes for this)

[2] Explains that the way PHP < 5.3 calls cmd.exe is in fact the
problem. Comments in [3] suggest that it only happens when there are
more than two double quotes in the command and also propose a few
workarounds:
- put command in a temporary .bat file and execute that
- put a dummy command in front of the actual command (e.g. c: &
"c:\Program Files\GraphicsMagick\gm.exe" convert -----)

> I think, we might be allow to fail with exceptions, e.g. if IM is in a
> path containing spaces and PHP 5.2 is used (as long as the Exception
> states, what should be changed).

Thanks, that would be the only "solution" if the workarounds won't work
in the end. Fortunately 5.2 is EOL with the last release.

[1] http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.2.15
[2] http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=34671
[3] http://php.net/manual/en/function.system.php

--