[TYPO3-v4] Announcing TYPO3 4.5.0beta2

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Thu Dec 2 21:26:31 CET 2010

Am 02.12.2010 21:14, schrieb Christian Welzel:
> Am 02.12.2010 21:01, schrieb Steffen Müller:
>> Hi.
>>
>> On 02.12.2010 19:42 Christian Welzel wrote:
>>> But a question: is it really neccessary, that FAL ships its own
>>> uploading system? There is plupload bundled with it, although
>>> swfupload is already in typo3/contrib/...
>>>

>> swfupload does not work when you have self-signed certs.
>
> So why not get rid of it completely and move plupload to typo3/contrib?

because smb has to do it. Currently swfupload works out nicely. If FAL
works out, I'm pretty sure that parts which could be used in other
places of the core might be moved, too.

> All contributed software should be located in a single place imho.

sure it should,

But as wer are heading quite fast the releases we always have to have
quality and stability in mind. Therefore new things, drastic changes or
sth. are not in place in beta-phase anymore - if FAL works enclosed this
fine, new stuff in "already closed core parts" are not possible anymore.

regards

Steffen