[TYPO3-v4] Hype Base - Easily include static typoscript files

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 21:12:41 CEST 2010

Hello all!

Some days ago I uploaded my first extension to the TER
called 'Hype Base'[1]. (Hooray!) Basically it is just a
PHP class which recursively scans a directory for typoscript
files and creates static typoscript items accordingly.

In other words, if you have a folder structure like this:

	TypoScript
	TypoScript/Base/setup.txt
	TypoScript/Base/constants.txt
	TypoScript/Base/L10n/setup.txt
	TypoScript/Misc/A/constants.txt
	TypoScript/Misc/B/setup.txt
	TypoScript/Misc/B/constants.txt
	TypoScript/Misc/B/C/setup.txt

the extension will read it and will create the following
typoscript items within the field "static typoscript":

 >> Base
 >> Base > L10n
 >> Misc > A
 >> Misc > B
 >> Misc > B > C

and then ofc it's possible to just include them in a
template record on whatever page you like.

I haven't found a similar extension on TER yet, so as
we're using this extension for quite a while now, I thought
of sharing the idea including the extension to all of you.

What do you think about it?

I would really appreciate it, if some of you are interested
and could maybe come up with improvements regarding security,
stability, performance or anything else.

Thanks a lot and happy sharing,
Thomas

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/hype_base/current/