[TYPO3-v4] Several scheduler issues

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Aug 22 16:58:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Unit test tx_scheduler_croncmdTest: 2 failures
> * Weekday part uses single day
> * Day list uses list of day of month with single day of week
>
> tx_scheduler_CachingFrameworkGarbageCollectionTest:
> Fatal error: Class 'tx_scheduler_CachingFrameworkGarbageCollection' not
> found in
> C:\xampp\htdocs\tv\typo3\sysext\scheduler\tests\tx_scheduler_cachingframeworkgarbagecollectionTest.php
> on line 54

I wonder where this test comes from. I don't why the scheduler should
worry about the caching framework's garbage collection. OTOH Christian
(Kuhn) is working on both topics so maybe something got misplaced.

> When running in cli the interface tx_scheduler_AdditionalFieldProvider
> is not found
> (this is easy to solve, add interface to autoload)
> I only wonder why the interface is found in BE mode, any clue?

Weird indeed.

> Additionally i would like to support "groups" eg for displaying tasks in
> a grouped grid. As in dev list discussed, it's possible that an
> extension like cal adds hundreds of task, then the BE module is flooded
> and doesn't looks good.
>
> Solution seems easy, as the registered tasks have this array key eg:
> tx_scheduler_TestTask
> so extract group from this key, in this case "tx_scheduler"

That's sounds very useful indeed. No need to extract the key however.
The registration information for each task already includes the
extension that provides it, e.g.

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['scheduler']['tasks']['tx_scheduler_TestTask']['extension']
= 'scheduler';

Francois Suter