[TYPO3-v4] Motivation for making patches or how to speed up the review process

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:13:49 CEST 2010

Hi!

JoH asenau wrote:
> Which is a good idea indeed, since it will enable "non coders" to test this
> trunk with different browser/OS combinations than the usual developer stuff
> (which currently seems to be FF/MAC) long before any official release. This
> way you will get immediate feedback, which should improve overall quality a
> lot.

This would probably work well with Git but not with SVN. Imagine all
current patches applied, reverted and reapplied to trunk. I think it would
be a big unstable mess and you never can tell what causes it. With Git it
could be easier because Git does branches/merges much easier than SVN.
However it has its own quirks. I do not know details but I heard that it
misses many cool features of SVN.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member