[TYPO3-v4] Motivation for making patches or how to speed up the review process

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 13 14:39:19 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Georg Ringer wrote:
>> PS: I need some testing of my taskcenter renewal and would spend also
>> time for your patches ;)
>
> Trading (exchange?) of testing efforts? This is an interesting approach :)
> The whole new market :)

Well, what about spreading reviewing effort of core devs?

- if there is already a +1 from a core dev, other core devs do not test
the issue for the time being and wait for a +1 from a non-core-dev
- if the REMINDER is sent and there is only a +1 from a core dev other
core devs can spend time reviewing and testing

Remember, just brainstorming! (and 'should', 'must', etc. are still the
voluntary versions of those words)

This will slow down many patches a little (max. 1 week), but will speed
up the ones which would otherwise be forgotten.

In case of urgent patches the subject line can contain a hint to let
every available person vote quickly. During the last bugfixing period
before a release all effort is needed badly, so this will of course not
apply.

--
Jigal van Hemert.