[TYPO3-v4] Motivation for making patches or how to speed up the review process

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Apr 12 11:22:08 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> At least half a year ago official position was "we do not pay for
> development". I heard this from two of the top TYPO3 persons
> independently. Strangely, these rules does not apply to v5 team.

As you know, we do have an "important development pot" in the v4 budget,
which can be used also for things like important bug-fixing prior to
releases etc. The fact that we use the v4 budget mostly for things like
travel-cost and other things than paying for the development of new
features was one decided on by the v4 core team, so I reject the notion
that it's a strange fact being imposed from somewhere abstract above.

For 4.4, the plans I heard from Benni were that he wants to mainly use
the budget for the stabilization period coming after the feature freeze,
which I think is a sensible suggestion given that we have a limited
budget and follow a mainly volunteer based development model.

cheers
Ingmar