[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] TYPO3 4.4 - Feature Freeze on April 13th - Get Your Features In

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Apr 6 23:25:25 CEST 2010

Hi Susanne,

On 06/04/10 21:19 , Susanne Moog wrote:
> On 05.04.2010 22:27, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> How? I notice that a lot of RFCs are simply ignored. Especially the +1
>> by a core dev is very hard to get :-(
>
> Just one thing I recently thought about and because it is fitting here:
>
> How about adding a new section to the default RFC called "How to test /
> Steps to reproduce"? I have often the problem that I need to figure out
> myself what I have to do to reproduce a bug. Some simple steps (or more
> complicated ones depending on the patch) would ease up reviewing a lot.
> The problem with most patches is that the developer (including me) is
> too deep into the problem to realize that something that sounds totally
> obvious for him may be unclear to others.

I agree too. I did it already many times mainly for DBAL RFC because I thought it was my only chance to get them reviewed: showing that testing might be easy ;-)

We may and should encourage people to start delivering patches with unit tests whenever it fits. And we may then have some easier review process.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en