[TYPO3-v4] Moving predefined settings out of the core

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Tue Apr 6 21:07:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

while discussing bug #11316 on the core list the idea came up that it
would be a good idea to move some of the predefined settings out of the
core.

Which settings?
- stuff like the predefined background colors of the table element or
the file links (Black, White, Dark Grey, Silver, Color1 and Color2)
- the default frame elements (Ruler before / after, Indent, Frame 1,
Frame 2)
- the layouts of e.g. file links (Layout 1, Layout 2, Layout 3) [and
give them speaking names while we're at it]
- others?

Move where?
- to CSS styled content / the static templates extension

Why?
- Without either CSS styled content or the static templates extension
those options make no sense at all, because you need some rendering that
processes them. Atm that is delivered mostly by CSS styled content so
logically the options should be in there, too.
- Moving them to both extensions and setting them to deprecated in CSS
styled content would additionally give the possibility to get rid of
them (I mean, who needs those background colors? CSS styled content,
right? (emphasis on CSS!) ;))

What do you think? Does it make sense and which options should be moved?

Best regards,

Susanne