[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] TYPO3 4.4 - Feature Freeze on April 13th - Get Your Features In

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 6 09:07:19 CEST 2010

Hi Jigal,

> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> Please make sure that all your features that you want to have in 4.4
>> are ready as RFCs with patches in the TYPO3 Core list.
>
> Sure, but that is only part of the long way before a patch is included...
>
>> Motivate others to review your patches,
>
> How? I notice that a lot of RFCs are simply ignored. Especially the +1
> by a core dev is very hard to get :-(

This topics pops up regularly and I fully understand that it's a very
frustrating situation (and even for core devs; some of our own RFCs are
just as stuck as some from non-core devs).

Until now we have found no good solution to this problem. There's
clearly a lack of manpower on the core team side, but on the other hand
we can't loosen the approval process too much lest we reduce the quality
of the core code. Rest assured that we are well aware of the situation
and always trying to find optimal solutions.

I can only advise you to keep faith. If you keep pushing RFCs (in the
allowed rate of 1 reminder per week) it will eventually end up being
committed. In the meantime probably quite many other RFCs will have gone
through. While this may be frustating because they are not those that
interest you most, each RFC still contributes to the advancement of
TYPO3 and thus should be seen positively.

Don't despair and keep contributing!

Francois Suter