[TYPO3-mvc] Property mapping a demand object

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Mon Mar 21 10:43:07 CET 2016

Hi !

I have a demand object in "Classes/Domain/Dto/DemandProduct.php". I want to pass parameters to a controller and let them get property mapped into this demand object. But for some reason I get the following exception: "#1297759968: Exception while property mapping at property path "":It is not allowed to map property "country". You need to use $propertyMappingConfiguration->allowProperties('country') to enable mapping of this property."

Now when I do as suggested and add the "country" property to the allowed properties I get the following exceptin: "#1297759968: Exception while property mapping at property path "country":It is not allowed to map property "6". You need to use $propertyMappingConfiguration->allowProperties('6') to enable mapping of this property." So I tried fiddling around with something like:

$subConfig = $propertyMappingConfiguration->forProperty('country.*');
$subConfig->allowAllProperties();

But this still doesn't work out.

After digging into the PropertyMapper code for some hours I got bored and thought: Let's try the forum.

So any suggestions?

The argument originats from an POST AJAX request (via jQuery) - I switched to GET so I can test it more easily - this is the URL which fails:

http://testserver.local/index.php?id=431&tx_pimtr_productlist[demand][country][6]=6&tx_pimtr_productlist[listingOnly]=true

The DTO demand object has a property "country" defined as following:

   /**
    * The country in which the product must be located
    *
    * @var \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Persistence\ObjectStorage<\Pim\PimTr\Domain\Model\Country>
    * @lazy
    */
   protected $country = NULL;

After fiddling around a little bit more I can even produce another exception:

#1297759968: Exception while property mapping at property path "":Creation of objects not allowed. To enable this, you need to set the PropertyMappingConfiguration Value "CONFIGURATION_CREATION_ALLOWED" to TRUE

So I can produce quite a bunch of exceptions but not get the result I wanted :(

ideas anybody?

greetings,
Bernhard