[TYPO3-mvc] references made from extensions to files don't get counted as a reference any more

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Tue Dec 13 11:53:39 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm experiencing a very strange bug, don't know how to fix this. So I
hope someone point me in the right direction.

I have updated a site from TYPO3 6.1 to 6.2.27.
In TYPO3 6.2 the references made from extensions to files don't get
counted as a reference in the filelist-module any more.

So for instance if you link in an extension to a file from the RTE
editor, or add a file to an extension the references in the file in the
filelist-module is not updated.
If you do the same thing in a normal content element or tx_news the
reference in the filelist-module is updated.

So I thought this might be an configuration issue. I tried looking at
the code of tx_news but really can't any clues.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Insert a link to a file in a text element (RTE)
2) Check the number of references for this file in the filelist-module
3) The number should get increased, but it doesn't

Possibly related to https://forge.typo3.org/issues/66243 with the
exception that it does work for normal content elements and doesn't in
all extensions except tx_news.

Muriel le Pair