[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase/Fluid. Form-Validation with Javascript

Chris Wolff - AERTiCKET AG cwolff at aer.de
Tue Sep 22 03:52:26 CEST 2015

Hi Alexander,
You Should Always Validate Data on The Serverside! - as you have little Controll over the the Clientside,
Javascript might be turned off by the user, or blocked by some extension (Adblocker, Privacy Guard, Broken Extension...)
An Evil user might even Send You Wrong Data to Exploit your Application.

This is Why you Should Never Trust data from the Clientside and Always do A Propper Validation on the Serverside.

You might add Client side Validation for a better User Experience (Validate as you Type..) but. You Can't Trust that validation
For Data Integrity.

Extbase does not Provide Helpers for doing Javascript Validation. But there are some Excellent JavaScript Libraries you might use.
For Example Parsley http://parsleyjs.org/

Most of These Libraries work by adding special data-attributes to the form elements. This could be easily archived using the
Fluid Form helpers additionalAttributes, but requires some Duplication of Validation Logic in the Template.

Regards Chris