[TYPO3-mvc] updateAction ignores validation

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at d-mind.de
Sat Sep 12 16:17:48 CEST 2015

Hi,

You should use @var and @validate annotations in your model. Clear system caches afterwards.

Good luck,
Jonas

-------- Original message --------
Subject: [TYPO3-mvc]  updateAction ignores validation
From: ondro <ogrosko at gmail.com>
To: typo3-project-typo3v4mvc at lists.typo3.org
CC:

Hey
I stuck in one problem
I have classical actions in my app (newAction, createAction, updateAction, etc)

createAction looks like this:

public function createAction(\Some\Kind\Of\Domain\Model $model) {
   [... logic of action]
}

model look like this:

/**
* title
*
*  string
*  NotEmpty
*/
protected $title = '';

/**
* start
*
*  \DateTime
*  NotEmpty, DateTime
*/
protected $start = NULL;

/**
* end
*
*  \DateTime
*  NotEmpty, DateTime
*/
protected $end = NULL;

If I run createAction whole validation runs properly
But if I run updateAction

public function updateAction(\Some\Kind\Of\Domain\Model $model) {
[... logic of action]
}

validation of model is absolutelly ignored. I can submit empty 'title, start, end' property and object is saved. Can you tell me why?
But if I fill start or end property validation of DateTime runs properly (that mean I got proper errorAction with DateTime validation results)

Debuging of that I lost 10years of my life. Can you help me.