[TYPO3-mvc] Spam and spam again

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Sep 1 08:58:40 CEST 2015

Am 01.09.15 um 00:46 schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi Jigal,
>
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>
>> As far as I could see and oddly enough all spam posts are made through
>> the FUD forum. It seems that creating a t3o account and submitting items
>> in the forum is easier than the other ways of posting.
>
> Make the forums readonly and point people to slack.

very bad idea!

as I had a lot of questions which were not answered in slack.
also slack is not indexed like the forum/NG/ML where a problem thread
(which slack can not realize) can be found from others instead of the
necessity of repeating questions and answers again and again.

closing the forum/NG/ML without real replacement will scatter the
knowledge about TYPO3 all over the internet.
up to now the forum/NG/ML is a central point of knowledge

The problem occurs only lately after the opening of NG/ML as a forum,
but that was a big wish of a lot of people.
the current forum only has very low restrains for SPAMmers.

there is planned to replace the combination of forum/NG/ML with one
clean and mighty forum (you may ask in #t3o or #typo3-server-team about
progress)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html