[TYPO3-mvc] Re: Redirect instead of forward on action error

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:42:11 CEST 2015

Hi, Tommaso

> It's correct use redirect instead forward...
> Post/Redirect/Get is a pattern that prevents duplicate form submission. You can set form data and validation data in session , and then get (and delete) data from session in your 2nd page.

Thank you for your reply. I'm doing almost same (you can see it in my previous answer), but then I need to struggle with Extbase, which expects UID to be set, which is not the case, when object is creating and has no identity yet.

Probably, this issue is more complex, than just redirect() instead of forward(). It leads to another problem: Extbase should be able to identify objects not only by UID and not always expect them being already persistent.

Anyway I've made a Forge request. Let's see, what happens then.