[TYPO3-mvc] Persisting extbase FileReference does not work with default TCA configuration

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu May 7 11:46:43 CEST 2015

Hi Philipp!

Philipp Kerling wrote:

> Is this intended? If it is, why doesn't getFileFieldTCAConfig do it like this by default?

Very good questions, to which I don't really have precice answers to.
What I suspect is that the DataHandler is smart enough to deduce the
tablenames automatically, while the Extbase Persistence just evaluates
the presense of the matchfields

> (This was originally issue #66813 - I think it might be a bug anyway but I'll try to get confirmation here first)

This is an inconsistency, which is worth tackling. However, I'm not sure
yet whether we should do son in the TCA helper method or in Extbase
peristence …

I re-opened the ticket. Any support in that area is highly welcome! So
if you would find out, why the DataHandler works correctly, while the
Extbase persistence doesn't, it would be a great help

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel