[TYPO3-mvc] TCA l10n_mode => exclude in extbase

Philipp Wrann philippwrann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:50:43 CET 2015

Hey there,

i need some fields to be excluded in translations, those fields should use the default records value. For this purpose l10n_mode exclude exists as i understand. The Problem ist that if you change the default value the translation value is not synced. Because extbase creates queries on translated records (sys_language_uid in -1,1) some queries do not work on languages other than the default one.

So what configuration do i miss?

I am so much confused on this topic. Every configuration i make breaks some behaviour.

What combination of

TCA => l10n_mode
TCA => l10n_display
TS => config.sys_language_mode
TS => config.sys_language_overlay

do i have to configure for the behaviour that i expect? And dont get me wront but i think there is only 1 behaviour you can expect in this situation. Fields excluded from translation should allways work as the default language.