[TYPO3-mvc] Harmonization and Streamlining of CMS Fluid and FLOW Fluid

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Mon Mar 23 15:43:25 CET 2015

> Guys, I encourage you to think much broader than this.
>
> Which ViewHelpers to put in Fluid itself should not be decided based on how
> many ViewHelpers are useful to CMS and Flow. It should be based on which
> are useful to a standalone version of Fluid.
Obviously I didn't make myself clear enough: That's exactly my point!

Still I'd somehow try to keep the viewhelpers like f:form.
I didn't look too much into the code there and how much dependencies on the product is in there, but if we manage to keep those central, I'd would be beneficial.

> Please look again on https://github.com/NamelessCoder/TYPO3.Fluid
>
> I've removed the ViewHelpers from there which simply don't make sense as
> generic ViewHelpers which - just as an example - render links to controller
> actions. This should not be the responsibility of the template engine itself,
> imho.
>
> I suggest using the ViewHelpers I chose to include in the decoupled Fluid plus
> a handful of those from VHS which deal purely with structures. The rest
> should be shipped in a package that fits the product they target.
> This means shipping one CMS package of ViewHelpers which is perfect for
> generating links in CMS - and one package which can do that but in another
> framework.
I'd go an integrate those product-specific VHs deep into the product. Hence not even a separate package, but ship them with CMS Core for instance. (either in the sysext Core/Frontend/Backend, wherever they fit best)

> If you wish, call this package `mvc:` as namespace and plan to allow *this*
> particular group of ViewHelpers to be provided by another package.
>
> Use Fluid as a composer dependency and construct a bridge that connects
> this to the framework. Then let part of this bridge be the ViewHelpers
> belonging to the `mvc:` scope. Make migrations like Flow already does;
> str_replace based replacements of link-generating ViewHelpers, form
> renderers etc. or go even further and create a custom View that
> automatically redirects these namespaces.
>
> But whatever you do, please consider that Fluid should be able to work
> without either CMS or Flow and let that be the rule of thumb used when
> judging whether or not a ViewHelper makes sense in the `f:` namespace.
>
> Thank you :)

Kind regards
Markus