[TYPO3-mvc] Harmonization and Streamlining of CMS Fluid and FLOW Fluid

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Mar 23 14:18:50 CET 2015

Hi Markus,

Markus Klein wrote:

>> Then we would not have this problem now.
> Well, yes and no. What about the f:link.action viewhelper? You need it in
> BE and FE, so why duplicate it? I'd rather do the separation in terms of
> "what applies where". Link-VHs are product-specific, but yet FE/BE
> independent. Control-Structures (for, if, switch) are product-independent
> and are more like a "language feature", hence it should be part of Fluid
> itself.

There is a difference between a frontend link (typolink) and a backend link
(module, wizard, etc).
And if a viewhelper serves both, then it should properly be part of core,
like any functionality that both application block have in common, e.g.
localization service and authentication service, etc.

Control structures and simple php function wrappers should be part of fluid
or dedicated "core-viewhelpers" package. I would put them into fluid
directly, because it is kind of useless without it, but this is a matter of
taste.

IMHO viewhelpers should be in the package that they are related to and in
which they wrap a service or an API.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!