[TYPO3-mvc] Harmonization and Streamlining of CMS Fluid and FLOW Fluid

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Wed Mar 18 16:02:48 CET 2015

Hi list!

This will be the discussion thread for further actions/ideas on getting Fluid in sync again. The discussion was started off in https://review.typo3.org/34121

I repeat parts of my last statement here:
... But I fear we first have to take a look how far CMS Fluid has diverged from "upstream" Fluid. There have been many changes to the Views and currently some VHs are made compilable. The community members - I've been asked this personally already - don't understand why there are two Fluids and it's inscrutable to them why sometimes even the "syntax" is different.

So, if you guys at "upstream" Fluid are fine with adopting also changes from CMS Fluid, I'd take the step to try to find a way to get those two in line again. I'm aware that a 1:1 match will not be doable. To make this a stable process in the future though, we also have to agree that any changes made to "upstream" Fluid have to be checked in CMS as well whether it breaks stuff or not. A spontaneous idea to accomplish that would be, that each merge in Fluid has to be signed off by an CMS AC, so we would at least have 2-eyes from each project on each change. This should ease the pain of keeping the Fluids in sync.

Kind regards
Markus