[TYPO3-mvc] getDate not getting the right Date

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Mar 5 16:13:49 CET 2015

Am 05.03.15 um 14:49 schrieb Mohamed Rebai:
> Hi,
>
> In one of my models, i have a date field. I have a frontend form to edit
> the data of this model table.
>
> For example, if in frontend i enter the date : 2015-03-16
>
> In the database i obtain : 2015-03-16
> In the backend, in the TCA form i obtain : 2015-03-16
> But in the frontend, when i display getDate(), i obtain 2015-03-15 !!
>
> Any idea ?

timezone chaos.

depending on all participating code some respect timezones, some don't.
and so you can have three differnt timezones (editor, server, visitor) a
correction sometimes is appropiate, sometimes not.

and also if all three timezones are identical one of the routines may
adjust in the wrong way the result will be modified against the origin.

you may find further info with searching for older threads as the
problem occurs often.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html