[TYPO3-mvc] Can't add column via backend layout

Matthew Colton mat.colton at web-xs.de
Fri Jul 31 16:04:54 CEST 2015

Hi all,
I set up a backend layout in Typo3 6.2.14:

backend_layout {
  colCount = 1
  rowCount = 1
  rows {
    1 {
      columns {
        1 {
	  name = Whatever
	  colPos = 5

When I select this layout the column is not editable ("No edit access").

Of course the original backend layout uses columns 1-4. The backend
layout above was just a test because I could't add column 5 to a more
complicated backend layout. I thought it might be an error in the
backend layout configuration, so I created a simple test. But even the
simple example above does not work.

SHARED.colPos_list = 0,1,2,3,4,5 doesn't seem to work anymore, so how
can I add a column? I already did that back a year ago. I see no
diffence in what I did today. So what's the problem?

Any help appreciated! :)

--
Cheers
Matthew Colton