[TYPO3-mvc] Setting typeconverter of childobject

Douwe Doornbos d.doornbos at rug.nl
Thu Jan 29 17:36:45 CET 2015

Hello,

I have a form with order-data and several orderlines with an amount-field. I want to use a typeconverter to allow both dot and comma as decimal separator, but convert both of them to float.

For the main object I can set a typeconverter in the initializeUpdateAction() in the controller:

public function initializeUpdateAction() {
  $this->arguments['order']
    ->getPropertyMappingConfiguration()
    ->forProperty('orderProperty')
    ->setTypeConverter(new \Cmp\Ext\Property\TypeConverter\AmountToFloatConverter);
}

But how can I set a typeconverter for a property in a child domain (orderLine.amount)? I tried initializeUpdateAction() in de orderLine controller, but it gets never executed, when i submit the form.

I'm using TYPO3 6.2.9

With kindly regards,

Douwe.