[TYPO3-mvc] What is preferable to use: sys_category or my_ext_table_categories?

Frank Krüger fkrueger-ml at mp-group.net
Mon Dec 21 13:52:31 CET 2015

Hi Dimitry,

the advantage of using TYPO3 categories is that you can use them across
all extensions and cObjects.

I'll find pre-configured models and repositories for TYPO3 categories in
extbase (typo3/sysext/extbase/Classes/Domain/Model/Category.php,
typo3/sysext/extbase/Classes/Domain/Repository/CategoryRepository.php)
for use in your extension.

Cheers,
Frank