[TYPO3-mvc] extension development in 6.2 - cache hate

Jennifer Koenig jenka13all at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 09:55:44 CEST 2014

hi everyone,

I'm developing an extension in 6.2 and am having a huge problem with getting changes in the code to show up in a backend module. Do I REALLY need to uninstall and reinstall the extension every time I make a change to the code of the backend module, if I just want to SEE what  those changes look like? I'm talking about changes to the labels, position of the fields, stuff like that.

I tried to install the extension "Uncache" to help me with this, but the installation fails with the error "no cache in the specified group 'system'". Googling this error has not been helpful.

When I clear the cache using the Install Tool /Important Actions, I sometimes get an error about failing to acquire a lock on some class or another.

Are all these problems related? Is there some configuration mess-up that I need to change in order to keep from having to go insane?