[TYPO3-mvc] FAL - create FileReference from within a frontend controller action

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Fri Oct 31 00:54:17 CET 2014

Hi newsgroup,

how can a FileReference be created inside a controller action from a
given file (stored anywhere in fileadmin)? I've got a model containing
a property $images (ObjectStorage of FileReference) with all its
neccesary getters and setters. TCA definition is correct, too, using
getFileFieldTCAConfig.

Is there already a native way to accomplish this in 6.2? I've found
different workarounds, some dated one year back or more... And one
example using a typeconverter, which seems too complex for my case.

Thanks a lot and kind regards, Jan