[TYPO3-mvc] TYPO3 renders blank page *sometimes*

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Oct 28 14:39:58 CET 2014

Am 28.10.14 14:10, schrieb Marcus Budzyn:
> Extbase, TYPO3 V6.2
>
> In my action I assign the result of a custom query:
>
> $this->view->assign('$games', $repository->findGamesXYZ());
>
> In my fluid template there is a for-each which traverses through the
> game-array and displays various attributes. The for-each contains
> several conditions and partials, quite complex but notthing extraordinary.
>
> Problem:
> This all works *fine* whenever it is called for the first time. If it is
> called a second or third time a *blank page* is rendered.
> What I tried:
> I tried to remove some code from the for-each, but there isn't a
> specific part to be blamed for this behaviour.
> If i remove the entire for-each block, then the page is rendered just
> fine *every time*.
>
> The amount of data being processed here is very low, the custom query
> delivers less than 10 objects.
>
> is there a good way to trace this problem? Are the certains logs that
> could offers some insight?
>
> Final remark: I have other custom queries in that extension that work
> just fine.
>
> Any (any!) suggestions are welcome!

blank page always is a hint to errors. either enable error messages in
the frontend (developer mode and matching IP) or have a look in the
errorlog of your server.
maybe you got a mix of cached and uncached parts which does not match
and result in an error.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html