[TYPO3-mvc] Get the injecting object within the injected object

xima media wiebke.lauke at xima.de
Thu Oct 2 10:46:53 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am providing a tools extension with services and so on for customer extensions. For this I'm injecting the service classes to my customer classes. Is there a way within the injected object to access the object "does" the the injections? Like:

public function visitInjector($injector) {
        $this->something = $injector-something();
}

(In Typo3 < 6 the following worked:

class Tx_XYZ_Controller_TestController extends Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_ActionController {

    /**
     *
     * @var TxXmTools\Classes\Helpers\Typo3Services
     * @inject
     */
    protected $typo3Services;

..
}

namespace TxXmTools\Classes\Helpers;

class Typo3Services {

   /**
	 *
	 * @var Tx_Extbase_Configuration_ConfigurationManagerInterface
	 * @inject
	 */
    protected $configurationManagerInterface;

    public function initializeObject() {

            $this->configuration = $this->configurationManagerInterface->getConfiguration (\Tx_Extbase_Configuration_ConfigurationManagerInterface::CONFIGURATION_TYPE_FRAMEWORK);
            $this->extensionName = $this->configuration ['extensionName'];

which returned me my extension name xyz, so this class was good to be used generically, even though that way always seemed to me to be a bad practice. )

I'd love to work that out in a a better way, and accessing my injecting classes within my tools extension seems a good way to me.

Thanks a lot!
Wolfram