[TYPO3-mvc] Simpleblog extension database queries

Robert W rewebit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 17:06:51 CET 2014

Hello,

We wanted to get familiar with the new Extbase development, so I worked through the TYPO3 Extbase book "TYPO3 Extbase" and built the simpleblog extension. Our team is about to work on a very large project and trying to decide which way to code the new extensions. There were some concerns about Extbase and database performance, so I started poking around.

There are a few threads where the performance was critizied, so I did a little testing. I simulated a test set of 100 blogs and the associated backend tables (comments, posts, tags, etc.). When initially hitting the page where the simpleblog is displayed and watching the SELECTs per Second in MySQL workbench, I am hitting consistently over 500 queries at one point when the page is processing (to paint 100 blogs).

At this point, my questions are:
1.) Are folks using Exbase for TYPO3 6.2.x development, and if so, how are they resolving the database hit above?
Or
2.) Are developers using some hybrid version of development with Kickstarter?

We greatly appreaciate you input in this matter, so that we can make a solid decision moving forward.

Best Regards
Robert