[TYPO3-mvc] Re: Extbase objects caching

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:07:37 CEST 2014

Hi, Philipp.

Thank you for your answer.
Yes, using stdWrap.cache or cache viewhelper (btw, there is alrady one in EXT:vhs [1]), but it is almost useless in a situation, when you need same objects collection, but different output.
Real world example: product list, which is always same, but currently selected product must be highlighted.

> The ObjectCache of Extbase caches reflection data, no data, all Plugins request against the database and build the objects from the sql result. There is only a first-level-cache, that increases the performance if the same object is beeing built multiple times in one request. But when the request is handled that cache gets descructed.

Thank you for this tip - never knew about 1st level cache/

> I once started an issue on this cause i think a entity cache would speed up extbase a lot (because Objects and their links, thumbs, etc... could be cached before a user requests them in the frontend).

I've found your issue at the Forge.
For anyone else looking for it here is a link [2]
It would be very helpful to have such entities cache. What do you think, Extbase developers? :)

[1]: http://fluidtypo3.org/viewhelpers/vhs/master/Render/CacheViewHelper.html
[2]: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/55934