[TYPO3-mvc] Determine Concrete Object Type

Christian Kartnig office at hahnepeter.de
Sat May 3 11:06:24 CEST 2014

Hi List,

I use Single Table Inheritance and I was able to generate a list
containing objects of all subtypes by using the supertype's repository.

But now I want an edit-link for each object in the list, that is
depending on the objects concrete type. The objects I get back from the
supertype repository are all instances of the supertype.
So how do I get the concrete type from there?

My first idea was to extract the type from the recordType field, but I
think it's kind of dirty, as it relies on the convention the recordType
is constructed...

Thanks for your ideas,
Christian