[TYPO3-mvc] domain modelling for extensibility

Christian Kartnig office at hahnepeter.de
Mon Mar 31 09:39:42 CEST 2014

Hi there!

I have a question on how to model my domain in extbase.

In my domain there are about 12 different request forms, each containing
a lot of fields. Roughly 40 percent of the fields are the same in every
request form (but not easy to semantically extract).
The business logic in the controller is nearly identical for each
request form.

How should I design the model so that I can
- list (and filter) all request forms together, regardless of their type
- easily add new fields in any of the request forms
- easily add totally new request forms (copy & paste, reuse
templates/partials?)

Should I use inheritance or relations or should I treat each requestform
independently for best extensibility?

Thanks for your hints!

best Regards,
Christian