[TYPO3-mvc] My first ext base mvc extension, problems with GET / POST

Adrian Dymorz t3 at adrian.dymorz.ch
Tue Jan 28 13:26:42 CET 2014

Hi Mic,

your code is not working because you probably do not have a model that
holds you search request.

The code you are using lets extbase try to get or create an instance of
the MyFirstExt model. Thus the parameter $searchString should be an
valid uid or the form data of the search form you created should send
the informations needed to create a new model.

I personally did not yet create a search form using extbase. I do not
know any extension that does which would be a good basis to see how it
could be done.

I recommend you to read the book "Developing TYPO3 Extensions with
Extbase and Fluid" [1] to understand the basic concepts of extbase.

Best regards
Adrian

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/ExtbaseFluidBook/