[TYPO3-mvc] Re: Non existing object: how to handle the error?

Michael Finkenthei michael at finkenthei.de
Sun Jan 19 19:11:23 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

meanwhile, using Typo3 6.1.7, Steffen's way produces a CMS error 1297759968.

The Extbase reference - says this much (as far as I found):

-----quote--
Catching validation errors with errorAction

If an argument validation error has occurred, the method :method:`errorAction()` is called. There, in $this->argumentsMappingResults you have a list of occurred warnings and errors of the argument mappings available. This default errorAction refers back to the last sent form, if the referrer was sent with it.
----- quote off---

This is not really helpful. I'd really appreciate any hint on how to do this in a correct way nowadays. Especially as 404 messages are important to google as well, should an object be deleted.

Best wishes,

M. Finkenthei