[TYPO3-mvc] Fill TCA field default with be_user realName

Henk Scholten henk at wolfsstyle.nl
Wed Jan 15 19:58:27 CET 2014

Sorry for my misunderstanding.
I tried it with:

public function getSingleField_preProcess($table, $field, array &$row,
$altName, $palette, $extra, $pal, t3lib_TCEforms $parentObject) {
	if ($table == 'tx_treg_domain_model_download') {
		if (empty($row['author'])) {
			$row['author'] = $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->user['realName'];

But now the author only get filled after the form is submitted. I want
to fill the author field default by each new download.
Is this possible?

Regards,
Henk