[TYPO3-mvc] sys_category and standard PaginateViewHelper

Kerstin Eitner eitner.kerstin at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 3 15:33:21 CET 2014

Hello list,

does anybody know how to paginate the CategoryCollection (sys_category)?

I'd like to use the standard PaginateViewHelper <f:widget.paginate> but
a TYPO3 Error tells me that the Collection does not implement the needed
TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Persistence\QueryResultInterface.

Am I doing something wrong here or do I have to write my own
PaginateViewHelper?

I tried the following...
$categoryUid = 5;
$tableName = 'tx_myext_domain_model_book';
$collection =
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Category\Collection\CategoryCollection::load($categoryUid,TRUE,$tableName);

For further information: I am working with the TYPO3 6.2 master branch.

Thanks a lot and best regards
Kerstin