[TYPO3-mvc] Re: ext_typoscript_setup override setup

Anisur R. Mullick anisur.mullick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 13:44:51 CET 2014

No, ext_typoscript_setup.txt is never deprecated and the request for its deprecation is turned down. There some very obvious reasons behind it! We know that whatever configuration we put in this file cannot be override, so why we put something that needs to be override, why not put it in the static file? But there are some configuration that we feel should always be present in final state and no change is needed and never be attempted! Like the database table mapping feature in ExtBase. I believe as long as ExtBase remains, this file should always remain.

TYPO3 provides many option to us and we should use these options correctly. If something is not meant for, why we try to tweak it and then cry to deprecate it. Use the other option instead. Many people do not like the simplicity and always thinks in complicated way. We need to follow rules the CMS provides, lets not ask for flexibility of override each and every information. If someone does not like the option, please do not use it and use alternate method.