[TYPO3-mvc] Standalone View and hidden values in forms e.g. [__referrer][@action]

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Dec 23 13:02:06 CET 2014

Hi Mathew,

Am 23.12.14 um 09:34 schrieb Matthew Colton:> I wasted a lot of time
because of a *two year old* bug in the Typo3. The
 > bug is that if setTemplatePathAndFilename is used it works perfectly but
 > there must be a dummy file in the original position due to a bug in
 > Typo3, otherwise Typo3 throws an exception.

Ah OK. Seems I misunderstood the problem you described.

 > This is not required when
 > using a standalone view, but that on the other hand it won't work at all
 > for forms.
 > So that's how I solved the problem, just created an empty dummy file for
 > the action and used setTemplatePathAndFilename and everything works like
 > a charm, no need for Typoscript to solve the problem of altering
templates.

 > https://forge.typo3.org/issues/34844

Good you found a solution (although I did not exactly get the case ;)
And thanks for pointing out this issue.

I'm not sure if this is really a bug, as it kind of makes sense that the
view is already initialized in the action method.

I added some comments to the ticket, maybe you can comment on my comment ;)

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel