[TYPO3-mvc] encrypd cookies in TYPO3

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Dec 19 15:30:54 CET 2014

Hi Muriel,

Muriel le Pair wrote:

> I want to use cookies in a certain extension and am wondering if there
> are certain functions to encrypt / decrypt information.

There are no such functions, because they do not make sense. If you have
sesitive information, do not store them in the cookie, but store them on the
server and only use the cookies as key to retrieve the stored information.

This is how TYPO3 CMS handles this and the global BE_USER and FE_USER Object
has functions to store and retrieve information in the sessions. Those
information will never be forwarded to the client.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!