[TYPO3-mvc] n:1 get uid

Jacco van der Post jacco at id-internetservices.com
Sun Dec 14 15:38:49 CET 2014

Hi

g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch schreef op 13-12-2014 23:38:

> You need to replace the passthrough TCA with a config that references to
> the right table, like:
>
>          'media' => array(
>              'config' => array(
>                  'type' => 'select',
>                  'foreign_table' => 'tx_xx_domain_model_media',
>                  'minitems' => 0,
>                  'maxitems' => 1,
>              ),
>          ),

Thanks for your reaction, I solved it without changing the TCA. It is in
fact easy, but not I could not find any examples, so it took me some time :

In the model Comment.php I added :

     /**
      * Media
      *
      * @var \JaccovanderPost\Xxx\Domain\Model\Media
      */
     protected $media = NULL;

     /**
      * Returns the media
      *
      * @return \JaccovanderPost\Xxx\Domain\Model\Media $media
      */
     public function getMedia() {
         return $this->media;
     }

Now in the Comment controller I have access to the parent object (after
inserting the media repository) :

$mediaItem = $comment->getMedia();

And stuff like this

$mediaItem->getUID();
$mediaItem->getTitle();

Etc.

Would be nice if in the extension builder a getter and setter for access
to a parent object would be automatically created for n:1 relations.

--
Kind Regards

Jacco van der Post