[TYPO3-mvc] Strange caching behaviour

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Sun Apr 20 12:38:28 CEST 2014

Hi newsgroup,

i've got an extbase plugin with several cached controller actions. The
first action in ext_localconf.php is a list action. There is one page
containing the plugin:

(1) /pluginpage.html

When calling the page above, the first controller action is executed
and everything is fine. Also, when calling a show action with a correct
cHash everything works as expected:

(2)
/pluginpage.html?tx_ext[controller]=MyController&tx_ext[action]=show&tx_ext[myModel]=123&cHash=xyz

But now the TYPO3 page cache is cleared an the show action gets called
again directly after it, but without having any cHash parameter:

(3)
/pluginpage.html?tx_ext[controller]=MyController&tx_ext[action]=show&tx_ext[myModel]=123

Now calling (1) again after this, the page displays the plugins output
of (3), the show action instead of the list action!? The result of (3)
seems to have been cached for (1), because a cHash was missing when
calling (3).

Is this a bug?

I'm aware that the caching mechanism can't work correctly when the
cHash param is missing or incorrect but i'm sure that all the links are
built correctly from inside my plugin (containing a cHash).

The problem is, that this scenario regularly happens to a live website
and i don't know how to prevent it (as everybody in the www might just
call (3) without any cHash param).

How can i prevent this behaviour?

Kind regards, Jan