[TYPO3-mvc] Validate EmailAddress

Christian Fries christian.fries at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:21:25 CEST 2014

Hi guys,

I have this problem with the validation of an email address in my first extbase extension (Typo3 6.2) and I can't see why.

In my controller PromotionController.php I inject the submissionRepository and print a form to add a new submission. The submission model has properties like name, address, email... Most of the properties are annotated with @var string @validate NotEmpty, the email property is annotated with @var string @validate EmailAddress.

When I submit the form with email empty, the filed is marked with error. When I submit the form with email = "abc", there's no error occuring, the submission is persisted.

Do the validator not work in this setup? Is the error thrown because of the TCA configuration (required)? How can I validate the email in this context?

Thank you for any inputs