[TYPO3-mvc] sys_category, MM_match_fields and extbase 6.2 LTS

Torsten Schrade schradt at uni-mainz.de
Mon Sep 30 09:36:29 CEST 2013

Hello list,

during the development of an extbase 6.1 extension that uses the core's
categorization feature (sys_category) for several tables I stumbled
over this issue:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39256 (has working patch:
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/14469/)

Background: Currently, Typo3DbBackend ignores TCA's MM_match_fields
option which makes it impossible to work with MM relations that use the
same MM table for storing the relations (differentiation by tablenames
field).

But: This is exactly like sys_category is supposed to work. This means
that sys_category can only be used with extbase if a single table makes
use of the categorization. As soon as sys_category is used for more
than one table (e.g. by another extension) things will start to go
wrong and DB queries for all tables using the categories will yield
strange results.

Question: The target version for this change is set to 6.3, implying
there won't be a fully working sys_category/extbase combination for 6.2
LTS. I would definitely plead to have this already in 6.2 and not in
6.3. What is your opinion?

Cheers and best regards,
Torsten