[TYPO3-mvc] How to use an own storage backend / repository

chris Wolff chris at connye.com
Wed Sep 18 03:26:00 CEST 2013

Hi Stefano,
my information might be outdated as im refereng to extbase on typo3
4.5 LTS (as this is what my Client ueses)

good to hear that this is no longer needed in typo3 6.1 (and upcoming 6.2 LTS)

regards chris

2013/9/17 Stefano Kowalke <blueduck at gmx.net>:
> Hey Roland,
>
> this was my first thought too. But then I think a little about and wondering
> if this isn't the use case of a repository where the repository don't care
> where the data is coming from.
>
> Stefano
>
> Am 17.09.13 14:44, schrieb Roland:
>
>> hi stefano,
>>
>> maybe i am wrong: i would not have used a repository for that. i would
>> have
>> written a webapi service class which handels all the needed stuff.
>>
>> does this make sense?
>>
>> kind regards
>>
>> roland
>>

>> Stefano Kowalke <blueduck at gmx.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey list,
>>>
>>> I write an extbase extension were no database is needed. Actually its
>>> just an frontend for a webapi.
>>>
>>> The extension consist of a searchform with a few filters and fires
>>> requests to the webapi (No SOAP, no Rest).
>>>
>>> In the background its just put together the api url with an api token,
>>> the current timestamp and the search paramenters and get XML as response.
>>>
>>> As far as I understand MVC this would be the job for an repository and
>>> and own storageBackend in Extbase.
>>>
>>> How can I replace the current storageBackend with my custom
>>> storageBackend which talks with the api?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Stefano

christian wolff - webdeveloper, tech-loving geek and typo3 enthusiast
telefon: +49 30 347 244 88
mobil:  +49 179 49 44 758
email: chris at connye.com
adresse: friedelstraße 31 - 12047 berlin

xing-profil: http://www.xing.com/profile/Christian_Wolff43
google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115669673917212236875/posts?hl=de
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1stMachine
flattr: https://flattr.com/profile/1stmachine