[TYPO3-mvc] How to extend Felogin with Xclass (again)

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Sep 17 12:04:52 CEST 2013

Hi,

> On 16-9-2013 19:22, Markus Klein wrote:
>> XCLASSing means you have to provide a complete copy of the original
>> file modified by you.
>
> No, the new class simply extends the old class and can override
> functions in the old class or add new data members and methods.
>
>> It does NOT suffice to simply specify one method there, like
>> overriding a method when extending a class.

Yes, and this is not an option to extend the original class as otherwise
lots of other parts would crash whenever a typed parameter is asked by a
method.

>> This is the reason why XCLASSing is depracted.
>
> It's not really deprecated. In 4.x versions it relied on some code in
> the end of the original class. This has been removed in 6.x and a new
> method for extending classes has been introduced:
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/XCLASS#XCLASS_registration_since_TYPO3_CMS_6.0

Exactly. And XCLASSing felogin is something I did again very recently
because I'm using the standard functionality but wanted to trigger some
additional code whenever a password is reset. So switching to another
authentication method has nothing to do with it :)

Best

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6