[TYPO3-mvc] Sorting children (object storage) again

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Thu Oct 17 00:55:02 CEST 2013

Hi Michael,

> "foreign_sortby" in the TCA worked fine for me.
> It's important that you have to clear all caches.

Please correct me when i'm wrong, but i am quite sure that
"foreign_sortby" should NOT be used for this. "foreign_sortby" is used
by TYPO3 internally to store sorting values (integers) for records
which should be manually sorted via backend:

http://forum.typo3.org/index.php?t=msg&th=153938&goto=538685&#msg_538685

So when you specify e.g. "title" for "default_sortby", this will have
the effect that all values in the title-column will get overwritten by
any integers when the records are edited from the backend :(

Kind regards, Jan